Salaryup to £60k, car & benefits
Main Purpose of Job:
This role is responsible for reviewing developing and improving all Skillnet Teaching and Learning Materials to ensure they meet our "outstanding" aspirations
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that the availability of schemes of work and lesson plans are in place and learner focussed.
- To lead the successful implementation and ongoing management of schemes of work and lesson plans.
- To develop appropriate learner resources to support the ongoing delivery of qualifications.
- To develop new and innovative methods of delivery relevant to learner needs and increase the use of flexible work based and distance learning.
- To ensure that course handbooks are available and update for all qualifications.
- To provide regular progress reports highlighting areas for concern and areas of outstanding practice.
- Interpret learning and development policy, provision and initiatives; assess for relevance and present delivery options.
- Maintain compliance with the requirements of the Common Inspection Framework
Key Targets Targets include:
- All qualifications to have robust and relevant schemes of work and lesson plans in place which are reviewed annually.
- A full suite of online materials are available for all learners
- A robust quality improvement process is in place to review all teaching and learning materials annually
- track best practice in teaching and learning for apprenticeships and implement where relevant
- Ensure transition from Frameworks to Standards is fully supported with high quality teaching and learning materials.
- All Skillnet delivery sites including subcontractor colleges use Skillnet approved teaching and learning materials.
Key Competencies required for role:
- Proven management experience in the training sector
- Proven track record at achieving targets within set timescales
- Desire to work in a fast moving, target driven and friendly environment.
- Engaging presentation style and comfortable in a high profile role.
- Ability to maintain a focus on consistent delivery expectations at the highest standards.
- Excellent communication skills, including teamwork, ICT (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and working with external clients and stakeholders.
- Approachable and flexible.
- Ability to work autonomously
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- PTLLS or equivalent teaching qualification
- Functional Skills level 2 or above in Maths, English and ICT
- Proven experience in creating high quality teaching and learning materials for Apprenticeships.
This job description describes (but does not limit) the main duties and responsibilities of the job. These are subject to variation by Skillnet as is necessary to respond to changes, both internal and external which the Company experiences.
“In addition, the post holder will:
- Actively promote Equality and Diversity in accordance with our policy to ensure employer and learner compliance and to ensure that no individual is discriminated against.
- Actively support, at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on protection of customer sensitive information
- Promote a safe working environment in accordance with current legislation
To apply for this role please forward a covering letter and up to date CV to Recruitment4Skillnet@skillnet.org.uk