SalaryNegotiable (subject to experience)
We are an independent Apprenticeship training provider with a direct contract with the Skills Funding Agency and have been supporting people in Apprenticeship training since 1983.
We have a proven track record with higher than national success rates and have Apprentices across seven different programme sectors.
Ofsted inspected us in April 2016 and awarded us with our third ‘Good’ grade 2 status in succession.
The Training Trust is an active member of the London Apprenticeship Information Ambassador Network and promotes Apprenticeship opportunities to the local community.
Location – Office based field working from Gants Hill, Ilford
We are looking for an exceptionally organised caring individual who has good attention to detail and an aim to maintain high quality standards.
Our ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and have a passion to assist young people in their aims to become employed and progress in their chosen career.
You will be able to work within a small team, but also capable of working as an individual while carrying out progress reviews and employer engagement duties.
You must have your own transport to carry out normal duties away from the office.
Knowledge of the Apprenticeship processes and Construction industry would be an advantage, but not essential.
- To interview, assess and select learners, match learners to selected employers who will provide training, work experience and employment opportunities
- To provide ongoing learner support at work and during off-the-job training and to help the learner develop a career in achieving recognised industry standard qualifications though a structured review process
- Managing, planning and recording Learner and Employer visits as per Training Trust procedures
- Provide information, advice and guidance to learners on an ongoing basis and support them in all aspects of their qualification framework
- Actively promote the services of Training Trust to local schools, careers services and other external agencies as required. This may involve some evening or weekend working. Time off in lieu is given.
- To continuously monitor work placements against set Health & Safety and vocational standards and to support and encourage good employment practice amongst employers
- To carry out risk assessments of learners and ensure that placements have appropriate and current Health & Safety assessments and completed agreements for both new and existing employers
- Locate potential employers and respond to direct enquiries from interested companies
- Match learners to existing or new employers and ensure that all workplace inductions are carried out
- Liaise regularly with Course Tutors to ensure that assessments meet both the needs of the awarding organisation and the learner
- Work with the Course Tutors to provide support to those learners at risk of leaving the programme early with a view to maintaining the learner in training to ensure completion of their Individual Learning Plan
- Work with individual learners to assist them in the collection of evidence and construction of portfolios as set out by the Course Tutors
- Meet with management, SFA staff, Ofsted Inspectors and External Quality Advisers as and when required.
- Attend Programme Review Team, Staff, Occupational and Operational Review Meetings as and when required
- It is a company requirement that all staff actively participate in staff development and training, for Assessors this includes the requirement to update their occupational competency to meet awarding body requirements
- To work at/move to other local premises as required.
Please send your CV and covering letter to the email address below and an application form will be mailed to you.