Salary£25,000 - £30,000 plus significant benefits
Skillnet was established in 1997 and was one of the first training providers to achieve the prestigious Training Quality Standard award in 2008. Operating nationally we offer a range of training services to employers and employees. Each year we manage the training for more than 3000 people and now deliver quality provision nationally across a range of disciplines and to a range of different employers.
Main Purpose of Job
To deliver a high standard of teaching to learners. Lessons are to meet the standards of internal and external requirements and match the curriculum
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Classroom delivery of automotive and functional skills programmes both in house and on client sites.
- To assist in the development of schemes of work, learning materials and trainee assignments
- To act as tutor to learners, providing academic guidance and support.
- To carry out assessment of learners’ work and examinations in accordance with internal and external criteria, ensuring that quality standards are developed and maintained.
- Liaison with the Training and Assessor Managers to ensure co-ordination between on-the-job and off-the-job training
- Liaison with employers and Schools
- To assist in the preparation and development of practical facilities and provide Technician/Lecturer support as necessary.
- Carry out induction training as detailed in current procedures
- Advise and counsel learners as necessary regarding training, welfare and discipline
- Attend team meetings
- Visit work places to ensure adequate facilities, insurance and Health & Safety requirements
- Participate in careers and marketing events as necessary
- To act as may be necessary in other ways to assist the organisation to meet its objectives
Key Competencies required for role:
- Must be well organised
- Understanding of customers views and needs.
- Produce clear and accurate data within given deadlines
- Good Communication skills and deliver at all levels and using a variety of media
- Be able to work on own and within a team.
- Have a passion for own and others development
- GCSE in English and Maths or equivalent
- GCSE in I.T or equivalent
- Relevant trade qualification
- Teacher qualifications beneficial but not imperative